LESRA, created in August 1998, has the mission of:
- Strengthen high-level training in Chemical and Environmental Engineering in Angola and the region;
- Strengthen high-level research capacity in Chemical and Environmental Engineering in Angola and the region.
This R&D framework has been created within the framework of the actions of the UNESCO UNITWIN Chair on “Chemical and Environmental Engineering”, which is part of the UNITWIN Chair “Established at the Faculty of Engineering of Agostinho Neto University on April 22, 1997 on the initiative of the group of European Universities of Santander. This Chair was in force until March 2016.
Pursuant to paragraphs g) and p) of article 52 of Decree nº90 / 09, of December 15, which establishes the General Regulatory Norms for the Subsystem of Higher Education, the University Senate, through resolution 2 / SU / 2010, of January, decided the passage of LESRA to the Organic Unit (Center for Studies and Scientific Research) of Agostinho Neto University.
In its specific areas of intervention, LESRA enjoys scientific, administrative, financial and disciplinary autonomy in accordance with its Organic Statute (DR I Series No. 203 of October 23, 2012).
- Separation Processes (Scientific Area: Separation Engineering)
- Chemical Reaction (Scientific Area: Reaction Engineering)
- Biological Reaction (Scientific Area: Reaction Engineering)
- Water and Wastewater Treatment (Field of study: Environmental Engineering)
- Hydrology and Water Resources (Scientific Area: Environmental Engineering)
- Geo-environment (Scientific Area: Environmental Engineering)
- Atmospheric Pollution (Research Area: Environmental Engineering)
Name: Dr. Anabela da Graça Alexandre Leitão
Academic Degree: Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
Ho Chi Minh Road
Building National Center for Scientific Research (CNIC)
R / C left, Ho Chi Min Avenue No. 201
Phone: (+244) 943 587 106